Pole Vault Camps at Pole Vault University (PVU)
What: 3 Pole Vault Camps – Elite Camp, Gold Medal Camp, and ATP+Gold Medal Camp
Who: Male and female pole vaulters of all ages and coaches
Where: Overland Park, Kansas
Director and Coach: Rick Attig – Former KU & Nebraska Pole Vault coach
Coach Attig coached:
• The best Pole Vault Trio in High School History (ave. PR 16’8”).
• The best Pole Vault Trio in Collegiate History (ave. PR 18’5”).
• The best Post Collegiate Duo in the 90’s (19’7” and 19’2 ½”)
• 6 NCAA All American pole vaulters in the 2004 & 2005 seasons.
• 2003 NCAA Outdoor Pole Vault Champion
• 2 of the top 3 ranked vaulters in NCAA in 2005
• 11 male vaulters over 18 feet and 10 female vaulters over 13’
• 48 Big 8/12 conference champions.
• Coached Kansas and Nebraska athletes to 47 All American performances.
• Coached athletes to 7 National championships, and 2 NCAA record holders.
• Olympian Scott Huffman, former American record holder
• Served as the National Pole Vault Development Chairman
• Wrote the USA Track & Field Pole Vault Manual and developed 4 videos on the Pole Vault.
Pole Vault U Camp Organization:
Coach Attig combines his knowledge of technique, psychology of learning, and the physiology of training to create an effective learning atmosphere. Athletes will learn about Coach Attig’s concept of the 3C’s of Energy in the Pole Vault (Create, Convert, Control). Without the NCAA restrictions coach will be able to offer information that he wasn’t allowed to do as a collegiate coach.
Coach Attig will have a session for both athletes and parents about the recruiting process. He can also help in setting up some more individualized off season and season training programsfor the campers.
Pole vault camp activities include lectures, drill sessions, vault sessions, pole vault triathlon or pentathlon, watching videos of world class vaulters and biomechanical analysis of each camper.
These camps have aided in the development of vaulters from all parts of the United States and other countries such as; Canada, Mexico, Australia, Japan, France and Russia. Coach Attig’s camps have helped develop numerous state placers and State Champions, NCAA All-Americans, NCAA Recordholders, National Champions and Olympians.
All camps Will:
• Focus on all phases of the vault (except for the ATP session).
• Provide the poles for all campers (10’6” poles to 16’poles).
• Provide off season and in season training options.
• Offer many informative lectures.
• Show videos of World Class Vaulters.
• Discuss the do’s and don’ts of the college recruiting process.
• Provide biomechanical video analysis of each camper.
• Showcase Coach Attig’s new SI Device (a new innovation in pole vault training)
See the SI video and try it at all of Coach Attig's pole vault camps.
Video of Men's Pole Vault Final 2004 Olymics
Includes room, breakfast, poles, lectures materials, T-shirt.
Elite Pole Vault Camp
Gold Medal Pole Vault Camp
ATP + Gold Medal Pole Vault Camp
Winter Pole Vault Camp